Your protectors are designed to be low maintenance. Just clean them as you do your wheels and inspect them regularly for any signs of damage.
If you need to change one of your tyres, read [our guidance on changing tyres](link to Can I change my tyres with protectors fitted? FAQ).
For more information on cleaning, read how to clean my protectors
When inspecting your protectors, we recommend checking:
- Clips and protectors are firmly attached
- No signs of damage that are so severe that the protector has broken into pieces
For more information on fixing damaged protectors, see the following articles:
- I’ve hit a kerb and damaged my protector. Help!
- How to repair a scratched a protector?
- My protector has come loose
- I’ve lost a clip. Help! - IMPORTANT we recommend you replace the clip or remove the rest of the protector before driving so that it doesn’t fail whilst moving
- I've lost a protector. Help!
- How to change a tyre with Zalloys fitted?